QC sheet treaters are highly efficient, reliable and simple to operate. They are completely self-contained. Our sheet corona treaters are installed on coaters, laminators, and any type of printing line, including digital printing. They are capable of treating any substrate, whether that be plastics, metals, or even wood. We offer both one and two-sided treat applications. Customization is standard in all units to ensure you achieve the best adhesion results.
- Gap gauge indicators for quick and easy gap adjustments
- Easy operation because of automatic adjusting nip rolls
- Easy access for cleaning and maintenance
- Lexan viewing window
- Touch panel controlled
We also offer stand-alone models that can be incorporated onto automation lines.
What does stand-alone mean?
A self-contained, stand-alone sheet treater includes a variable drive system. The stand-alone treater is intended for hand-fed operations. The sheet is fed through, treated, and then collected. Various power levels and speeds ensure the correct dyne levels are consistently achieved. These systems can also be fitted with feeders and stackers for off-line corona treatment.
- Autonomous watt density control:
- Users enter set watt density and the generator maintains set watt density given any line speed
- Speed alarm feature if line speed is too fast for set watt density
- Line speed display
- True kilowatt output display
- Maximum line speed displayed for set watt density
- Minimum speed interlock
- Motor speed controlled via touch panel
- Maintenance alarm for life of sleeving, ground brushes, electrode cleaning, etc.
- System characteristics menu:
- Roll type, electrode length, system type, treat width
- Auto/manual start/stop
Common Materials for Sheet Corona Treatment
There is a vast variety of materials used in sheet corona treatment. Papers, films, and foils are the most common that we regularly sheet treat. QC offers free sample services through our in-house corona treatment laboratory. Send in your material and we will corona treat it for you to your desired dyne level. We analyze the material before and after treatment. You will be provided with all the statistics that we generate through the process.